Please go to ONE and sign the Petition TODAY!
1. Worldwide there are 216 million cases of malaria every year.
2. Sleeping under a mosquito net saves lives – nets cut malaria cases in children by half and reduce child deaths by 20%.
3. 485 children’s lives are saved every day through malaria prevention measures such as mosquito nets, the spraying of insecticide in homes and education on malaria.
4. Malaria affects almost half of the world’s population.
5. Malaria is a preventable and treatable disease – every life lost is needless.
6. Every year, over 655,000 people die from malaria, over 90% of these deaths are in Africa.
7. A child dies from malaria every minute.
8. Malaria costs Africa more than £8 billion annually in lost productivity.
9. Deaths from malaria have fallen by 26% since 2000.
Source: Malaria No More UK