Monday, May 30, 2011
By Dion Simte
This beautiful Bono Street Team Painting Print, created by artist Azalea Millet, was autographed by Bono on May 21, 2011 in Denver, Colorado. I donated the print as a gift to one of my favorite charities, the African Well Fund! This print will be up for auction tomorrow, May 31, 2011 at 9am PST on the African Well Fund Ebay page and will be a part of the Build a Well for Bono's Birthday 2011 Fundraiser.
The Bono Street Team Painting Print that is signed above is the print being shown in the video below. Bono also has his own copy of the BST Painting Print!
At the end of the video, it shows meeting Bono, looking at the print, shaking hands with the artist, thanking her and expressing how much he liked it! Later it was explained to Bono how we used the prints for the Build a Well for Bono's 50th Birthday Fundraiser in 2010 for the African Well Fund.
Bono also signed a few other prints to use for future charity fundraisers with the African Well Fund, Azalea Millet and the Bono Street Team. We will keep you informed when they will be made available.
To learn more about the African Well Fund and their mission of funding clean water and sanitation projects in sub-Saharan Africa, please visit their website at http://www.africanwellfund.org/
Credits: Video filmed by Paul Murphy
Photos: Azalea Millet & Lynne Chretien
Logo: African Well Fund
Friday, May 27, 2011
Monday, May 16, 2011
ONE is calling for renewed focus on accountability, effectiveness and innovation to meet the Millennium Development Goals by 2015.
Key Findings include and can be read in full at ONE.org:
1. There have been historic increases in development assistance to sub-Saharan Africa over the past ten years, especially in the five years since Gleneagles.
2. Results since 2000 are living proof that investments in development are working.
3. Because of shortfalls from a sub-set of countries, the G7 delivered only 61% of their promised increases to sub-Saharan Africa by 2010.
4. Individually, some G7 efforts to meet their development assistance targets were commendable, but others were condemnable.
5. Clear and collective commitments are needed to ensure accountability post-Gleneagles.
6. Innovative financing can help mobilise the resources needed to achieve the MDGs.
7. In a time of constrained resources, the effectiveness of each dollar is even more critical.
8. New partnerships must be built on transparency and accountability.
Tuesday, May 10, 2011
Wishing you a blessed birthday today. Thank you for all you do in the world and being that voice for those who can not be heard. You are an inspiration to so many of us....So congratulations and Happy Birthday!
P.S. You can go to http://www.facebook.com/bonostreetteam and read some personal birthday messages left for you.
THE BONO STREET TEAM
Sunday, May 8, 2011
Go to ONE.org and learn how you can make everyday, a Happy Mother's Day.
They're not asking for your money, they're asking for your voice. Act now.
Tuesday, May 3, 2011
an interactive platform providing the tools to raise awareness, education, and action.
Watch the trailer for "No Woman, No Cry". The documentary produced and directed by Christy Turlington Burns will premiere on the OWN: The Oprah Winfrey Network for Mother’s Day-May 7th at 9:30pm ET and May 8th at 1:00pm ET.
Sunday, May 1, 2011
Specialists working together...
* Find the Facts:
They need to know where there are hungry people and how many of them there are.
* Choose the Response:
Experts decide the right kind of food and how to distribute it.
* Get the Food:
WFP buys most the food they provide.
* Deliver the Food:
WFP has 5,000 trucks on ground, 30 ships at sea and 70 planes in the air.